Hello LEGO Fans!! The LEGO Ideas Fender Stratocaster 21329 was released October 1, 2021. Check out the official announcement HERE from September 8, 2021. Designers, Marin Stipkovic and Ricardo Dias, and Beatrice Amoretti talks about the set details and takes you through the process of the set coming to life in this designer video, released today by LEGO. We really loved this set, so we created a speed build on our YouTube channel for you to check out below!
Click HERE to subscribe to our YouTube channel.
LEGO Ideas Fender Stratocaster 21329
- Set #: 21329
- Set Name: Fender Stratocaster
- Set Theme: Ideas
- Recommended Age: 18+
- # of Parts: 1074
- Release Date: October 1, 2021
- Price: $99.99 USD
Tune up and turn your amp up to 11 as the LEGO Group reveals the new LEGO® Ideas Fender® Stratocaster® set
The LEGO Group announces the new LEGO ®Ideas Fender® Stratocaster™ set – created by LEGO Ideas fan designer Tomáš Letenay.
The iconic Fender® Stratocaster® guitar, famously played by music legends and emerging artists alike and the industry standard guitar sound for music across genres, has now been meticulously reimagined in LEGO bricks.
Whether you are an old school rock and roll fan, an indie rock, R&B or heavy metal lover or just passionate about music, the LEGO model of the 1970s Fender Stratocaster is sure to be a crowd pleaser and includes the option to either build a red or black version of the iconic guitar.
The guitar features six strings, poseable tuning pegs and a tremolo arm for all the distortion you can handle. Plus, there is also a folding display stand, and an accompanying foot pedal and amp. The amplifier’s back and top covers can also be removed to show its inner speaker code, wiring and intricate details such as the tubes, speaker and motherboard.
Tomáš Letenay, a fan designer from Slovakia, originally entered the design into the LEGO Ideas Music to Our Ears competition, but the reviews board at the LEGO Group loved the creation so much they commissioned it. Speaking about the design, Tomáš commented, “I used to play electric guitar when I was a teenager and I always dreamed of owning a Fender Stratocaster – but I could never afford it. The competition on LEGO Ideas gave me the chance to create it in LEGO bricks. The Stratocaster was my gateway into music and I love seeing my LEGO design with the stand. I am hoping that other guitar fans get as much joy out of building it as I have.”
Discussing why the LEGO Ideas team chose Tomáš’ design, Federico Begher, VP of Global Marketing at the LEGO Group said, “The Fender Stratocaster guitar is iconic and has been at the heart of so many incredible songs over the years. We know many of our fans are passionate about music and we hope they enjoy the attention to detail in the not only guitar but also the accessories, such as the strap and the amp.”
One of the most influential electric guitars in all of music history, the Fender Stratocaster is a sleek, optimally functional instrument that was developed with the direct feedback of many artists. Built to accommodate the needs of all players from beginners to hobbyists to the greatest guitar legends of all time, the Stratocaster is nothing short of iconic. Since its inception in 1954, the Stratocaster has cemented its position at the top of the guitar chain with its contoured body being synonymous with electric guitars themselves.
“The Fender Stratocaster was designed to help artists unlock their creativity, and decades later, the model continues to pioneer the future of guitar playing with its distinct sound and undeniable impact on popular music,” said Richard Bussey, VP, Accessories, Lifestyle and Licensing. “As the Stratocaster has developed a cult following through the years, so has the LEGO Group.Bringing these two brands together marks an iconic musical moment for a passionate group of guitar and LEGO brick lovers.”
The LEGO Ideas Fender Stratocaster set will be available from the 1st October 2021 from LEGO Stores and www.LEGO.com/Fender recommended retail price of $99 / £99 / €99 / 159.99 AUD / 139.99 CAD.
OFFICIAL SET DESCRIPTION
Create your own brick-built 1970s Fender® Stratocaster™ guitar and 65 Princeton® Reverb amplifier with this LEGO® Ideas set (21329). Recall the legendary musicians who have played a Stratocaster® as you recreate its iconic curves and add authentic details such as the posable whammy bar, pickup switch and tuning pegs. The buildable amp has removable panels for easy viewing of the motherboard, reverb tank, speaker and other interior details, plus rubber cables to connect it to the guitar and footswitch.
This set includes bricks to build the guitar in either red or black, guitar picks in 4 colors and an elegant, foldable stand for the guitar model to complete a delightful display piece. There is also a sticker with the Fender logo made from LEGO bricks for you to attach to your real guitar or amp.
This building kit is part of a collection of LEGO sets for adults. It’s a top gift idea for guitar players, Fender fans, music lovers and keen LEGO builders.
- Recreate a legendary guitar with this wonderfully detailed LEGO® Ideas build-and-display model (21329) of a 1970s Fender® Stratocaster® guitar and a buildable Fender 65 Princeton® Reverb amplifier.
- The guitar features a posable whammy bar, pickup switch and tuning pegs, six strings, Fender® logo stickers, and a textile strap. The bricks included let you build the guitar in red or black.
- The amplifier has removable panels for easy viewing of the motherboard, reverb tank, speaker and other interior details, logo stickers, plus connecting rubber cables for the guitar and footswitch.
- Includes a foldable display stand for the guitar, model-scale guitar picks in 4 colors, plus a sticker of the Fender® logo built from LEGO® bricks to put on your real guitar, amp or wherever you want.
- Guitar measures over 14 in. (36 cm) long, 4 in. (11 cm) wide and 1 in. (3 cm) deep. This LEGO® display model makes a cool gift for guitar players, music lovers and Fender® Stratocaster® guitar fans.
- Fun to build solo or with friends and family to share your love of this iconic guitar, music and/or building with LEGO® bricks.
- This 1,079-piece set comes with a booklet about the history of the Fender® Stratocaster® guitar, the set’s fan designer and LEGO® designers, plus step-by-step instructions for a joyful build.
- This cool building set was entered in the LEGO® Ideas ‘Music to our Ears’ contest by a fan designer and chosen from the top 9 entries to become the next LEGO Ideas set by the LEGO Ideas review board.
- LEGO® components meet stringent industry standards to ensure simple, secure connections and robust builds. It’s been that way since 1958.
- LEGO® building bricks and pieces are tested in almost every way imaginable to ensure that every LEGO set satisfies rigorous global safety standards.
Which colour of the brick-built 1970s Fender Stratocaster guitar do you prefer? Comment below!